EFA STUDIO PROGRAM INTERNSHIP: ONLINE APPLICATION
The Elizabeth Foundation for the Arts Studio Program is a juried membership program for professional visual artists. The program provides subsidized studio space for over 75 contemporary artists.
EFA Studio Program internships provide a unique opportunity to work directly with artists in their studios (as Artist Assistants) and actively contribute to the creation of exhibitions and programs, while gaining exposure to the inner-workings of a multi-faceted, non-profit arts space (as Administrative Interns). Each intern will split his/her time between assisting artists in their studios and working closely with EFA Studio Program staff in the offices.
EFA Studio Program is seeking enthusiastic and committed candidates who desire to learn about contemporary art and arts administration. Successful candidates will be amiable, adaptable, professional, social, and confident. Interns should be comfortable working as a member of a team—working well with direction, while feeling confident to provide his/her own insights. Along with handling the administrative tasks of the program, interns will consistently be working directly with contemporary artists. A complete listing of our current member artists can be found on our website: http://www.efanyc.org/studio-members.
EFA Studio Program intern responsibilities during the spring will include:
- Acting as Artist Assistants to Studio Program artists
- Overseeing all social media platforms in collaboration with the Studio Program staff
- Hands-on planning and assistance for our Open Studios, Open House, exhibitions, and other events
- Daily office administrative duties including fielding phone calls, social media, processing applications, answering emails
- Formatting information for the website and newsletters
- Contacting artists about special events
- Working on research projects involving artists, non-profits, and residency programs, and interacting directly with our member artists.
Qualifications for all EFA Interns:
- Junior, Senior, or Graduate student with related major and/or interest in contemporary art
- Proficiency in Mac applications, Microsoft Office, and Adobe CS preferred - Basic office skills (filing, phones, data entry)
- Ability to handle artwork
- Personal experience working on Facebook and Twitter
- Commitment of 2-4 days per week
All interns must be available for TWO days per week. One day MUST be a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. The other day can be any day of the week. The internship application includes an online application with personal information, a cover letter, resume, online or physical portfolio of personal artwork, and 2 letters of reference.
Letters of Reference:
Please direct letters of reference to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line "Intern Application References", or send by mail to ATTN: EFA Studio Program: 323 W 39th ST, 3rd Floor, NY NY 10018.