SEEKING SUMMER 2017 INTERNS
*Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis. However, interviews will not begin until April, 2017.*
The Elizabeth Foundation for the Arts Studio Program is a juried membership program for professional visual artists. The program provides subsidized studio space for over 75 contemporary artists.
EFA Studio Program internships provide a unique opportunity to work directly with artists in their studios as Artist Assistants and actively contribute to the creation of exhibitions and programs while gaining exposure to the inner-workings of a multi-faceted, non-profit arts space as Administrative Interns. Interns will split their time between assisting artists and working with EFA Studio Program staff in the offices. A complete listing of our current member artists can be found on our website.
EFA Studio Program is seeking enthusiastic and committed candidates who desire to learn about contemporary art and arts administration. Successful candidates will be amiable, adaptable, professional, social, and confident. Interns should be comfortable working as a member of a team—working well with directions, while feeling confident to provide their own insights.
EFA Studio Program intern responsibilities during the summer will include:
- Acting as Artist Assistants to EFA Studio Member artists
- Working on research projects involving artists, non-profits, and residency programs
- Hands-on planning and assistance for special events, open houses, and galleries
- Daily office administrative duties including: processing applications, filing, data entry, phone and email
- Maintaining websites (Squarespace) and newsletters as well as social media sites, Facebook and Twitter
Qualifications for all EFA Interns:
- Junior, Senior, or Graduate student with related major and/or interest in contemporary art
- Proficiency in Mac applications, Microsoft Office, and Adobe CS preferred
- Basic office skills (filing, phones, data entry)
- Ability to handle artwork and willingness to learn and work with unfamiliar mediums
- Personal experience working on Facebook and Twitter
- Commitment of 2 days per week
We are currently looking for summer interns to begin in early May through August 2017.
Please email your cover letter and resume to Natalia Nakazawa: Natalia@efanyc.org.
Please include the days you will be available to intern and your projected start date. This is a TWO day per week internship. Regular hours are 10am - 6pm.
SHORT-TERM STUDIO MEMBERSHIP
One of three programs at EFA, the EFA Studio Program is part of a community that includes EFA Project Space and the Robert Blackburn Printmaking Workshop (RBPMW). The Studio Program provides artists the rare opportunity to work in a professional arts community inside Manhattan and in close proximity to the city’s primary gallery districts.
The EFA Studio Program, located on west 39th street in The Garment District, is close to Times Square & all subway lines, with 24-hour access and security on premises. All studios are private with individual climate control. Studios are for workspace only (not to be used as living space.) Membership terms are month to month. Currently available studios range from approximately 200-440 sq ft and are of different sizes and configurations.
Applications for short-term membership are accepted throughout the year.
Please email Javier Plasencia, EFA Studio Program Administrative Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org for any inquiries.